Ranchi: Jharkhand The Chief Minister of Hemant Soren reviewed the proposed new scheme called “Aid” and the proposal of the Market Committee for paddy production and market access and accessibility in the state. He instructed the officers that more than nine lakh farmers of the state were not linked to the PM Kisan Yojana and add them as soon as possible.
CM said that there is a need to identify farmers from scratch. Connect every hidden farmer with PM Kisan Yojana.
Weather became the cause of trouble for small and medium farmers
He said that 23 lakh farmers are registered in the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Yojana Portal. The application of nine lakh farmers is pending, why? If these hidden farmers are registered, then 32 lakh farmers of the state will be benefited. Start the registration process as soon as possible.
He also said that every small, medium and marginal farmer has to benefit from the scheme, work on it as a target. So that by August 15, the financial assistance provided under the scheme can be given in the account of all these hidden farmers.
In view of the corona infection, small, marginal and migrant workers must give the benefits of the scheme. Chief Minister Hemant Soren said these things. Chief Minister Soren was reviewing the proposed new scheme called “Aid” and the proposal of the Market Committee for paddy production and market access and accessibility in the state.
Migrant workers also join the scheme
The Chief Minister said that all the migrant laborers who have returned in the state should prepare their data through the Deputy Commissioners of the district. The migrant laborers who have land, essay them in PM Kisan Yojana Portal. Identification of farmers is needed afresh. So that by August 15, the work of benefiting the rescued farmers can be done.
Need to change this situation
CM Soren said that the farmers are not increasing, instead the farmers are becoming decreasing agricultural laborers. The asymmetry of the weather has become a source of trouble for small and medium farmers. Farmers are also migrating. In such a situation, there is a need to change the situation and make a special action plan on this subject.
These are the special features of the proposed new scheme called “Assistance” for paddy production and market access and accessibility …
– 200 crore budget for paddy production and financial support for the financial year 2020-21
The aim of the scheme is to provide financial assistance of Rs 500 per quintal to farmers, whose farmers the state government will purchase.
– As per census conducted in 2017, 38.14 lakh cultivators in the state
– 23 lakh farmers registered in Pradhan Mantri Kisan Yojana Portal, 9.15 lakh farmers pending application, 32 lakh farmers will be registered as soon as their registration is done
Here are the special things about the proposal of the market committee
– Need for “One State One Market” in entire Jharkhand
– No merchant is obliged to trade in one district only.
– Establishment of private market
– Bulk direct purchase from farmers outside the market yard
– Declaring warehouses, cold storage as declared markets
– Market fees in the state and union territory single
– Sole Trading License
– Integrated market area, formation of market committee, market fee
Several officials were present in the review meeting, including Agriculture Minister Badal Patralekh, Chief Secretary Sukhdev Singh, Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister Rajiv Arun Ekka, Secretary Agriculture Department, Abbu Bakar Siddiqui.